Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
|Name of Post:||
IT Project Manager
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank Building, Shk Zayed street. P. O. Box: 939, Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates
Click Here for IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager Jobs in Abu Dhabi where you can find career opportunities from all top companies operating in UAE including private, multinational, government, NGO, and other sectors. Here you can find the latest vacancies announced in all categories across major cities of UAE. latestjobsinuae.com is a unique job search website where job seekers can get access to jobs opportunities directly from top employers in UAE, job boards, newspapers & company career pages all in one place. Details of IT Project Manager Jobs in UAE Here below:
Company Name: Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
IT Project Manager Job description / Role
To manage the implementation of technology projects and changes, an IT Project Manager must provide subject matter expertise of varying complexity based on an in-depth understanding of the bank’s systems, processes and functional business requirements and help design and develop technical solutions while supporting business with the management and maintenance of business systems.
Project Management and Change Delivery Management:
- Manage and deliver technology projects and changes by engaging with various internal and external stakeholders and adopting the project management framework to ensure projects are completed within the defined timelines and budgets in compliance with ADCB standards.
- Manage the development, configuration, parameterization, testing, deployment of technology changes and transition to production while extending support and guidance to business users for planning/conducting software acceptance testing.
- Develop and design technology solutions through business and application architecture principles and maintain efficient and agile technology for the business.
- Develop project approvals, RFPs, technical documents, procedures, transition documents and other project related documentation within the scope of the subject matter of the project in line with the required standards.
- Coordinate with IT teams in planning and monitoring and adapt to changing business priorities to ensure technology changes are aligned with business requirements/priorities.
- Manage the support, maintenance, and availability of a portfolio of banking applications along with managing key support processes like problem management and incident management.
- Manage a team of application support analysts responsible for supporting a wide range of banking applications to ensure the availability of relevant application systems to support business and operation needs.
- Contribute to the preparation of the business area’s budget and manage and monitor the financial performance against the budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified, rectified promptly and potential performance improvement opportunities are capitalized upon.
- Manage planning and budgeting for technology projects and coordinate and contribute for preparation of business initiated technology projects, monitoring the financial performance against the budget for the bank and its subsidiaries.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of application solutions including sourcing, purchasing, and development.
- Manage self and team in line with ADCB’s people management policies, procedures, processes and practices to ensure adherence and to maximize own and employee contribution to business performance.
- Manage the effective achievement of the team’s objectives by setting individual objectives, managing performance, developing the team and providing formal and informal feedback to maximize overall performance, engagement, and motivation.
Policies, Process, Systems, and Procedures:
Recommend and implement improvements to departmental policies, procedures, and processes covering all areas of activity so that all relevant procedural requirements are fulfilled while ensuring that ADCB delivers best-in-class services, products, and innovation.
- Identify opportunities to contribute to organizational and departmental change initiatives, programmes and projects taking into account best practice and standards in the business environment.
- Maintain a current knowledge of emerging technology trends and techniques and proactively recommend innovative technology solutions to business for offering enhanced customer service/products.
- Demonstrate Our Promise and apply the ADCB Service Standards to deliver the bank’s required levels of service in all internal and external customer interactions.
IT Project Manager Job Requirements
At least 8 years of experience in technology services with a banking industry background, with at least 5 years in a managerial capacity for management of financial applications / technical systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/Computer Science or equivalent.
- Professional Qualifications: PMP/ Prince 2 certification or equivalent.
- ITIL certification or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Project management
- Team management
- Negotiation and mediating
- Business liaison
- Process optimization
- Enterprise architecture
- Emerging technology
- Infrastructure/operating platforms
- Software testing
- Software change management
- Software configuration management
- Application support and maintenance
- Presentation and collaboration tools
- Information security
- Mobility and internet banking technologies
- System monitoring and capacity planning
- In-depth banking functionality and operations knowledge
About the Company
Founded in 1985, ADCB employs more than 4,000 staff from 62 nationalities, serving over 600,000 retail customers, and approximately 50,000 corporate and SME clients. The bank operates in 48 branches, 4 pay offices, 2 branches in India, 1 branch in Jersey and a representative office in London. By the end of March 2015, the total assets of ADCB amounted to AED 207 billion.
ADCB is a full-service commercial bank that offers a wide range of products and services including retail banking, wealth management, private banking, corporate banking, commercial banking, cash management, investment banking, corporate finance, foreign exchange, interest rate, currency derivatives, Islamic products, project finance, and property management services.
ADCB is 58.08% owned by Abu Dhabi Investment Council, the investment arm of the Government of Abu Dhabi. The bank’s shares are traded on the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange. By the end of March 2015, excluding treasury shares, ADCBs market capitalization was AED 34 bn.